"Cyber Security jobs grew 74% from 2007 to 2013 – 2x faster than other IT positions."
Northern New Mexico College
just launched a Cyber Security Degree!
Learn more from Degree Prospects
Uber List of CyberSecurity Resources
Some of the Career Options in Cyber Security
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Cryptographer - ensures private data remains safe. Encrypts sensitive information and decrypts hidden information.Forensics Expert - harvests and analyzes data from computers, networks and other storage devices.
- Incident Reponder - responds to and resolves cyber attacks, threats, and security incidents.
- Penetration Tester - searches for security vulnerabilities in web-based applications, networks and systems.
- Security Administrator - installing, administering and troubleshooting your organization’s security solutions.
- Security Analyst - looks for weaknesses in software, hardware, and networks to prevent cyber threats to an organization.
- Security Architect - builds computer networks and systems.
- Security Auditor - tests, analyzes, and reports on the security of a computer system or network.
- Security Consultant - makes recommendations on the best security solutions for an organization.
- Security Director - oversees all IT and security in an organization., including staff, protocols, policies, budgets, and incidents.
- Security Engineer - develop security systems and maintain them.
- Security Manager - creates and facilitates security solutions, policies, and procedures
- Security Software Developer - builds and integrates security software..
- Security Specialist - designs, tests, implements and monitors security measures..
- Security Code Auditor - reviews source code to find weaknesses, bugs and violations.
- Vulnerability Assessor - looks for problems by scanning applications and systems to find, assess, and report vulnerabilities.